Join the Guild
The Guild welcomes both artists and art lovers (patrons) to join us. The basic requirements for artist membership are:
- You must be a resident of or work in Southern Anne Arundel County, as defined by being south of the South River, and
- Your art must be your original creation, and
- You must maintain your membership by paying annual dues. The dues are currently $40/year.
There is a new member review process to review your artwork prior to acceptance to the Guild. An appointment is required. To register for consideration, please contact Membership Chair Joanne Graham here.
Here are the steps to join the Guild as an artist:
- Complete the membership form linked here.
- Send the application and 2-4 jpg photos of your artwork to Joanne Graham here by the submission deadline.
- Following preliminary review of the application and photos by artists in the same media, an invitation to the in-person new member review session will be extended or declined. If declined, you will be informed as to the reason why and are welcome to seek reconsideration at the next review session.
- If invited, please bring several representative pieces of your work to the review session and a check for $40 membership fee.
The Guild has standards for showing member artwork in one of our shows. Click here to view the standards document detailing the requirements.
The Guild has an active community outreach program, including a college scholarship program, Adopt-a-Highway along Muddy Creek Road, art mural projects in the community, and more. Members should have an interest in sharing their art and their talent in the community.
We love our art patrons!
Even if you are not an artist, your support and involvement in the Guild is most welcome. Patrons serve on our board and committees, volunteer at shows, and can participate in all of our events and meetings. The only thing a Patron cannot do is show artwork - for that, you must go through the artist member process noted above. Just complete the membership form and return it with your fee of $40 or more to join us. Return the form to the address at the bottom of this page.
If you have any questions about the Guild or membership, please contact Joanne Graham here.